4.29.2011

Dylan Makemson


Oh, Dylan. You are one of the greatest people I have ever known. I wish I could have met you sooner than I did, but at least I met you, right?
The first time we met was at The Junction. I was on Lortab. Kenny and Andrew said I wouldn't remember you, and I was determined I would. Guess what? They were right.
When we all made a fort in the basement, you told Becca and I a story. I didn't realize how hilarious you are until then. You're one of the funniest people I have ever met. And when you and Codi make fun of each other, it kills me. In a good way.
To be honest, you surprised me with how deep you are. And how kind, and sincere, and genuine. I didn't expect it. Not because I don't think you could be those things, but because I only saw your funny side. It was a pleasant surprise.
Would you like to know why you're on my list?
Because you make me laugh. Because you give sincere compliments. When you told us that you think every girl is beautiful, that meant a lot. When you told us why each girl is beautiful, that meant even more. I've always been self-conscious about my voice when I talk, and that changed when you told me you like my voice, both singing and talking. I've never heard that one before. And thank you for telling me that I pull off this hairstyle. That gives me confidence, something I haven't had for a while.
I love that you are so strong in the church. It's inspiring. You love it so much.
I'm so glad you're coming back to USU after your mission. I know people come into your life for a reason, no matter how long or short the time period is, but I don't want our friendship to be a short one. I hope it lasts a really long time.
I hope you know how amazing you are.
Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment