5.01.2011

Whitni Gardner

Whitni Gardner, I love you. I'm so incredibly lucky to have you in my life. You've helped me with and through so many trials and hard times already, and we've only been close since December. Bringing you home that first weekend of Christmas break was one of the best things I could have done. It was the first of our long car rides, and I loved it. We have so much in common. I feel like I can tell you so many things because you know exactly what I'm going through. And even the rare times you don't know what I'm going through, you still try to understand.
You are such a light in my life. The first time I ever truly felt the spirit was the day you were baptized. If it weren't for you, Whit, there's a huge possibility that I still wouldn't be strong in the church, I wouldn't have a testimony, and I wouldn't know of the happiness that this religion brings me. Seeing how happy it makes you is such an inspiration to me. You are so amazing. You write notes in sacrament and put them in hymn books to brighten a stranger's day, sometimes even a friend's. You resolve conflict and make sure everyone is happy. You are the reason everyone is happy, Whitni.
The little things you do mean so much. Back scratches in church. Notes in hymn books. Snorting when you laugh. The way you get so excited or happy about something, and it's all you can think about for days. The way your face lights up when you're truly happy. Giving me hugs, just because you feel like it. Complimenting your friends. Loving everyone for who they are, no matter what.
You're one of the few people I feel comfortable letting you see what my real, normal life is like. And because you never judged or thought differently of me because of it shows me that you are a true best friend.
I know that we will stay friends for a long time, and I can't wait for that.
I love you so much. Thank you for loving me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment