1.02.2011

Dust in the Wind.

I used to imagine what I would do if I met 'The One' before I was ready to settle down.
I figured I would wait to get married, even if I knew deep down that this person was mine forever.
I wasn't even sure I wanted to get married, or even fall in love, because when it comes to marriage and love, I have three huge fears:

Divorce. Especially if we have children. The last thing I ever want for my future kids is to have a life full of custody battles, choosing sides, moving, and unstability. No one deserves that kind of a life.
An unhappy marriage. You know those couples who hate each other but stay married for their kids or to avoid divorce? It would be the worst way to live.
My last fear is that I'll think I really know that man I married, and he's everything I've ever dreamed of, then his true self comes out. He's abusive, crazy, evil, and I can't get away. (Sounds a bit like a movie, but hey, it could happen.)

I kind of assumed that no one found true love anymore, and that it only happened to people back in the 30's and 40's and they stayed together for the rest of their lives because they're still in love. Things like that just don't happen these days it seems.
Then, Britny and Nik found their way back to each other.
Their love story is a whole other post that I'm saving for later.

Maybe it's the fact that seeing them is proof that love does exist, or maybe it's just that my best friend and closest sister is moving forward and leaving me behind, but if I found 'The One' I would not hesitate to move forward in my life either. If I was certain it was the right thing to do, that is. Because if there's one thing in life that I want, it's to have happiness like theirs.

And if there's one thing I don't want, it's to be left behind to gather Britny's dust.
Figuratively speaking.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quotes on the side of your blog. True love is tough work. All you have to do is click on my marriage label to see that I am happily married but it takes a daily dose of various attributes to make it work.
    I hope you n ever give up on love in any of it's forms. True love can be in friendship, sisterhood, family ties- it doesn't have to be romantic to be profound.
    Happy new Year.

    ReplyDelete