1.14.2011

Third Day: The Birds and the Bees.

3. Your Parents.

Once upon a time, there was a man.
There was also a woman.
They met in line at a coffee shop.
It was love at first sight.
They had children.
Their children had children.
They died happily in love.
The end.

My parents, however, are a different story.

Don't know how they met.
Don't know why they got to know each other.
Don't know the reason to why they had a second child after their first.

But, alas, life goes on.

I love all of my parents. Truly, I do.

My dad is always there for me, and supports every great or stupid decision I have ever made.

My mom thinks I'm funny sometimes, and that's enough to make me love her forever.
I love to make her laugh. It makes me feel important. Wanted.


My stepdad is hilarious. He's protective, he cares, and he wants the best for me.


Granted, they are not perfect.
I've never lived in a stable house with my dad. 
We've moved 13 times in the last three years.
My mom sees what she wants to see.
She doesn't always see me.
My stepdad gets in ridiculous bad moods.
At those times, I avoid him.

It was hard growing up with a situation like mine.
(There's a lot more to it.)
But, honestly, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Because of my parents, I am who I am.
They love me, and I love them right back.

Although, sometimes I wish they were like Olive Penderghast's parents, but they're not.
Oh well.
C'est la vie.
La vie.
Nice. Solid joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment