5.05.2011

Becca Fitzgerald

 I don't know how I'm going to say everything I want to in one blog post. Some things I can't even put into words. Yes, that was very corny. But, alas, 'tis true.
You have helped me grow so much this year. There are so many things you have said and done that have meant so much to me. We have so many memories together that I'll never, ever forget. I really can't express how much you mean to me, Becca. 
 Because of you, I'm not afraid to talk. To you, to other friends, to boys. I was never able to confront people about how I felt. I always kept it to myself. But because you're so open and so comfortable with saying everything you feel, I learned to be that way too. That's changed my life so much, because I finally feel like I can say everything I need to without being afraid or bottling it up inside. You've helped me with overcoming my fear of calling people. Just ragging on me about it whenever I choose to text instead of call has pushed me to get over it. Sure, it's not a huge deal, but still. You changed it.
It means so much to me that you care. Taking me to the hospital, staying until six thirty in the morning, asking me how I'm feeling when you can tell I'm not feeling myself, and taking the time to make me feel better. Remember a few weeks ago, when you told me you asked your aunt about how I was acting with exercising so much? You thought I would find it intrusive, but I found it the opposite. No one has cared enough to confront me about it the way you did. That means so much.
And remember when Kenny asked me about my life? You told him about it for me. Then, when you were done, you came back and said something along the lines of even though I have a complicated past, there is no shortage of love in my life, because my family loves me so much and you can tell. I think about that a lot, and it makes me happy.
I also think about all of the things we've done, and the pictures we've taken. I love those times when we would laugh at everything. When we had our own inside jokes and it was hilarious that we were the only ones on the inside.
Another reason you mean so much to me has to do with the church. When I came to college, I wasn't strong in the church at all. It scared me. But I was always kind of inspired to see how happy it made you, and how much your face lit up whenever you talked about it. You never pushed me to go to church or church functions, but you always invited me. You never stopped. And when we went to Whitni's baptism and you spoke, that was when I first felt the spirit. And then I knew why it made you so happy. You helped bring that happiness back into my life. There is no way to express how thankful I am for that.
I've missed you the past while. Because things have been different, because I have been gone, because we've both changed. I wish I could have been more of a best friend to you lately instead of just a roommate. I hope that our friendship doesn't end with our first year at college. I hope it lasts a really long time.
I love you. Thank you for being there for me, and for making such a big change in my life. You'll always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment