2.27.2011

Seasons of love.

25. A picture that means a lot to you.

Let me start out by elaborating.
As you all know, my sister, Britny, is my best friend. We're very close. I wouldn't be surprised if the original plan was to attach us at the hip, or somewhere more embarrassing. However, it wasn't always this way. We went through some phases in life where we nearly hated each other. We rarely had conversations that didn't involve a fight, and we screamed at each other a lot. I daresay we didn't trust each other either, especially when it came to  sharing our clothes.
Looking back now, it's interesting to remember how I was feeling about our sisterhood then, and how those feelings gradually changed. Sure, we fight sometimes, but our fights never last for more than five minutes. We haven't yelled each other in ages. We miss each other terribly, and we tell each other everything. If I didn't have this closeness with her, I would be lost. Having a sister and a best friend rolled into one is the greatest thing I could have asked for, aside from love.

Here is the picture.
This is Shaniah and Abbi, my two little sisters.
They've been going through the same phases Britny and I did, with hating and yelling and not trusting. It was painful to see them take each other for granted. I would always tell them that one day they'll realize that they're best friends, and that they'll always want to be near each other. They never believed me.
The reason I love this picture so much is because it's the first time they've taken a picture together without someone telling them to. They're starting to get along more, starting to tell each other secrets. I love it. I can't wait for them to be close.
Aren't they gorgeous? I have the best family ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment