2.17.2011

Time flies when you dream in blonde.

Dear Kenny,
I decided just barely that, because you wrote a Dear Sherece on your blog, I would write a Dear Kenny. I have told you this before, but I want to tell you again that you are really great. Thank you for listening to me talk about ridiculous things and for asking about my far-from-perfect past. Also, I think it was very kind of you to come to the hospital with us. You have no idea how much that meant to me.
How was that for my first real Dear Kenny?
Sincerely, 
Sherece.

_______________________________________________

22. A picture of you last year, and a picture of you now.

This picture was taken last March while I was on tour with my A Cappella class in Seattle. I kept quiet the whole time, only talking to maybe seven or eight people out of about seventy, but I only felt comfortable talking to one person. I was super shy. I was going through a really difficult thing. See that bracelet on my left (your right) wrist? That's not just an accessory. I also apparently thought big, pink, 70's-esque sunglasses were in style. I was wrong.

This is me yesterday. My hair has been through more changes than Logan's weather, but it's finally almost back to blonde. I talk to people I don't know (usually) and I have really, really great friends. I am appendix-free and living mostly on my own in college. I wear my dad's high school sweaters and sometimes carry a stuffed cow on my shoulder. I have crushes that may or may not be requited. I make weird faces and do 'thumbs up' a lot. I have sang in front of people. I am no longer embarrassed by my nickname, Rooster. I like to have deep talks and get to know people for who they really are. My grandma is quite possibly plotting my death.

And that, my fellow friends, is how I have changed over the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment