2.03.2011

Define: Aspire.

15. Your Dreams and Aspirations

Verb.
1. To hope or dream; especially to hope or work towards a dream or occupation.
2. Have an ambitious plan or lofty goal.
3.  Economic designation for inventories deemed to have fairly extensive households that include spoons, knives and forks, as well as enough equipage to entertain and give dinner parties for ten or more people.

Okay, number three doesn't exactly apply.

I find it interesting the kinds of changes one's dreams and aspirations go through as we grow up.

First, I wanted to be a cowgirl. Then, I wanted to be a Barbie girl.

I wanted to be an athlete. A musician. Yes, even a mermaid.

I wanted to live in the sand and the sun.

I wanted to be best friends with my sister for the rest of my life.
That goal hasn't changed.


Fun fact: From fifth to seventh grade, I wanted to be 6'4". That was an actual hope of mine. If I didn't have scoliosis, I would be one inch shorter than that. Thank goodness for this crooked spine.




Then, I grew up. 
I realized I was afraid of the ball, so I gave up sports.
Moving back and forth halted my piano lessons.
I watched the new Peter Pan and my opinions of mermaids changed forever.


My hopes and dreams slowly changed.


I tried to be a model.


I wanted green eyes.


I wanted to be a nanny.


I wanted to join PETA. And be a vegetarian. Who doesn't like vegetables.




Now that I'm in college, mostly on my own, and growing up fast, I've come to have some new aspirations.


-I want to fall in love, and I want to marry for love. Whether we're rich or poor, love is all that matters.
-I want to accept myself the way I am. The day I'm not constantly thinking about how I can lose weight or how I can improve myself will be one of the best days of my life.
-I want to graduate from college, and prove that I can do it. Mostly to myself.
-I want to raise my kids not to be judgmental, selfish, vain, or impatient. I hope they can accept everyone as they are and know that everyone deserves to be loved.
-I want to be financially stable, with and without a husband. Debt is not a road I want to travel down.
-I want to still be friends with the people who have changed my life in some way; I hope to still talk to everyone I've met at college so far. Well, nearly everyone.
-I want to live near my sister so that we can always have each other.


Most of all, I just want to be happy.

1 comment: