2.08.2011

Ain't no mountain high enough.

17. Your fears.

In fourth grade, I sang in a talent show. It was the most exciting thing I'd ever done. Somehow, although I loved it, singing in front of people turned into a fear. Whenever I tried, I would do bad on purpose so that people couldn't really judge me. Even the simplest things, such as singing a bit of a song to see if someone's heard it before, were hard for me to do.
I haven't sang for anyone ever since.

Until Sunday, February sixth.

Becca's friend 'Guitar Andrew' was over for the first time, and they were exchanging their musical talents with each other. He made Becca play the piano for us.
For the record, Becca is AMAZING at the piano. Do not, under any circumstances, let her tell you differently. 
In return, Becca made Andrew play the guitar and sing. After a couple of songs, he chose one that was a duet.

And, of course, I was the only one who knew the other part.

So my friends all made me sing for them.
My hands were shaking, I was sweating, and basically panicking. Which is weird, because they're basically my family, so why would I be scared? I do not know. But, after singing a few lines, I got more comfortable and wasn't scared anymore.
It was the most nerve-racking, exhilarating thing I have ever done.
That shows you how exciting my life is.
Honestly, I want to do it again, and again, and again.

Thank you, Becca, Kira, Andrew, Whitni, and Emillie, for curing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment