10.19.2010

Tongue-tied and twisted?

Okay, kids, class is in session. And I missed it again.

I've been spending all of yesterday and today contemplating what to write in my blog. So far, what I have written has probably outshined every other blog.
Yes, I believe so.
My roommate and I started our blogs yesterday, which means we each have one follower! And now I must write intelligent things so as to not sound ridiculous.
These are very high expectations.
Lower your blogging expectations of me, Becca!

So. Freshman year of college. Not as wild a ride as I anticipated. BUT, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It's a very odd yet heartwarming feeling knowing that I have actual friends. Not that I never have, but under the circumstances, I haven't had more than one friend at a time for years. After thirteen houses, eleven moves, and seven high schools, it's easy to give up on friendship. And losing an amazing best friend in the process doesn't help much either.
Now, though, I feel like I belong. I don't anticipate the next move or transferring to the next school. I don't expect to lose the friends I now have.
I anticipated opening up to my roommate and floormates would have been a lot harder because of my past, but it turns out it was a lot easier.
 Maybe I just gave in to my need of friendship and belonging.
Thank goodness I gave in.

By the way, why is it so surprising that I have never been on an actual date?
Yes, you read that statement correctly.
I mean, I've been to school dances where we eat dinner beforehand, and I've hung out with a guy before (obviously) but I've never been taken out on a date. I did the asking for the dances, and usually suggested the hangout.
Lots of people haven't been on a date yet. Then again, even more people have been on one.
Oh well, it will happen eventually. And if not, there's nothing chocolate can't fix.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment