12.03.2010

One Life To Live.

I've done a lot of thinking lately.
About life.
If I died tomorrow, would I be happy with my life so far?
There's still so many things I want to do. Adventurous things, spontaneous things, dangerous things, memorable things. Things that would make my life full and worthwhile.
There are many people who will never be able to accomplish this for themselves, because their lives were cut short. Ironically, these are the people who I knew to be the greatest people to be around.
My cousin, Michael, passed away on November 26 at 9:13 p.m., three hours before Berkleigh was born. He was suffering from pancreatic cancer. He was one of the nicest, most beautiful, funniest most loving people I have ever met. I couldn't believe how strong he was, and how long he held onto life in the end. Everwhere he was, he eminated happiness, and I'm sure in Heaven he's causing a lot of smiles and laughter.
The Pacini Family

______________________________________________________________

I had a friend whose name was Rory Bumgardner. Imagine a person who is bursting with personality, always making people smile, and is friends with every single person you can think of.
You just imagined Rory.
When I first moved to North Sevier, he was one of the few people who befriended me right off the bat. I loved hanging out with him, and he always made me feel loved.
I remember one day in high school when I wore this outfit that I saw in a magazing. It was a small school, and small schools mean small minds(just in the fashion area; except for Taylor, if he's reading this.), so I was kind of nervous that I would be judged or made fun of. Right when I walked through the doors, though, Rory gave me the updown and told me I looked awesome. I walked with confidence the rest of the day and every time I wore that outfit. It was such a small and simple act, but it's lasted until now.
He was one of the greatest people I have ever met, and one of my biggest regrets is not hanging out with him every opportunity I had.
Rory drowned at Palisades last August. It was the first time I had ever cried over the news of someone dying. I can only imagine how the people who were there felt, or how his family felt after hearing the awful news. Of all people, I though Rory would live the longest and fullest life.
But he changed many people's lives, and for that, he is my hero.


You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same." Rordan Jule Bumgardner.


No comments:

Post a Comment