7.02.2011

Allow me to explain.

Some of you may or may not have noticed that, for a while, I was kind of a Debbie Downer. I didn't realize it, but through a few of my posts, you could tell that I was feeling sad. So, for those of you who would like to know why, I want to give an explanation. This is going to sound slightly ridiculous, so bear with me.
It all started with The Hunger Games. I read all three books in one week, and on top of the antisocial lifestyle that caused, the books were also negative and depressing, so they rubbed off on me. Big time. To top it all off, I was missing family vacation, which totally bummed me out. I think, overall, that I was just missing my family. Because when I saw my dad and my friend Chelsey that week, I wasn't sad at all. But the sadness returned when I got back. Honestly, I think it was just my mentality. Happiness is a choice, and therefore so is sadness. I was choosing to see the negative in things. In myself. And then, a few days ago, I thought to myself, 'Why on earth are you acting so pathetic and depressed? You have nothing to be sad about.' And then, I was happy. And I still am. You know why? Because I am alive, and I am loved, and I have so many things going for me. So, there you go.
Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment